Re: Is this a Theosophical List?

May 02, 1996 11:51 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:40 AM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>Jerry,
>>When I had my study center, we would get inquiries and the first
>>question was always "What is Theosophy?"
>>I would usually answer that Theosophy literally translated as
>>Divine Wisdom, but as we were not divine we did not have the
>>foggiest idea what it was.
>>
>>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA, M G of 5
>>Heretic
>>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck,
>
>      That is a great line.  I think I'll steal it :-)
>
>JHE

>   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
>      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
>         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
>            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |
>

>You know Jerry and Chuck, it is a great line and it's well worth stealing.
After all isn't "trying to find out what theosophy is" exactly what
theosophy is? That to me is the value of this list. A gathering of long-time
students of theosophy coming together and trying to find out what it is
they've been studying in sometimes abrasive interaction. But abrasives are
what smooth things out.

alexis d.