Re: Basic scholarship

May 02, 1996 11:37 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:13 AM 5/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>O please do pay attention! :-)  My view on reincarnation is that the
>>CWL/AB model as presented (say) in "The Lives of Alcyone" is a logical
>>absurdity.  Neither do I believe in reincarnation as an inevitable and
>>universal *requirement* for human development.  At the same time I
>>accept the possibility that humans *do* reincarnate from time to time
>>for particular purposes, or even by accident!
>>
>	Thanks for the clarification, Alan.  I have never read "The
>Lives of Alcyone" and likely never will.
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Why Jerry? Wouldn't you like a good belly laugh? Hollow pomposity is very
funny and "The LIves of Alcyone" is the most hysterically funny book I've
ever read. If CWL hadn't had a captive publishing company, no publisher, in
their right mind, would have published it. While the greatest majority of
what CWL had to say was pure nonsense, his writing was usually pretty good.
But in this book the writing is so bad as to be almost worth reading for
that reason alone.

As to "Reincarnation" per se, my Shamanic experiences have given me a
somewhat different "slant" on the subject. That coupled with input I have
from a very interesting source might make for an interesting discussion
between us.

alexis d.