Re: Is this a Theosophical List?

Apr 29, 1996 11:08 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:47 AM 4/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alan,
>Besides, just think of the karmic merit they build up by having to read our
>inanities and sad attempts at humor.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA M G of 5
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>"More slack!" Bob Dobbs
>
>What is really beginning to disturb me is that there are people who regard
humor (even sadly lacking attempts at humor), as negative and "out of
place". I must be totally misled as to the purposes of lists like this which
I assumed (falsely apparently) were avenues for one on one contact. Humor,
and nonsense, are part of human contact and interactions. It seems to me
that humorless folks have caused much of humanity's problems. Now, please
explain: What does "more slack" mean, and is there really a "Bob Dobbs"?
That's the problem with being an intellectual sometimes one loses contact
with the vernacular.

I am seriously considering "signing-off" this list. I can keep in touch with
people I care for, like you, by private posting. If I am as much of a
problem as I'm being accused of being, and if I'm "dominating" the board,
then I can easily find something else to do with the time...paint for
instance, or work on "Connections - Connections". As to the "Concordance" I
still think it would be a good idea, but I am also beginning to suspect that
the constant demand for the support of authorities for personal opinions is
a conscious attempt to intimidate the iconoclastic.
Somehow, it seems pathetically futile for me to sit here being insulted by
the inconsequential.

alexis