Re: Is this a Theosophical List?

Apr 29, 1996 02:22 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>JRC, we are not fighting about universal brotherhood, but about what
>Theosophy is.  And it is not about control, because we each concede to the
>other perfect freedom to think as he likes.

	And so it goes, Rich.  After several years of discussion, we
here on theos-l still can't decide on what Theosophy is.  No wonder we have
so many arguments--none of us can even agree on what it is we are
talking about.  I am not sure we are any closer to a definition now then
when we started.  Perhaps Alan can form a committee...

>But in any case, what I object to is the continual dismissal of the teachings
>of HPB and the belittling of her Teachers
	Where was this Rich?  Did I miss a posting?

>In any case, when I say "Theosophy" I mean Their knowledge, and as much of it
>as we pygmies can grasp of it.
	Are you suggesting that Theosophy be defined as the MLs? Or
the MLs together with all of HPB's writings?  If I am not mistaken, awhile
back you also wanted to include Judge.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI