Little Theosophies

Apr 28, 1996 10:22 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Alexis:

>While some of the schisms may refuse to give G de P a hearing,
>this list is certainly not such a place.

I'm glad to hear that, since I consider his writings to be
of considerable value to people. At least, that has been
my personal experience with them.

>Supposedly none of the biases of the various "little theosophies"
>are cogent on this list.

But one man's "little Theosophy" may be another's best and
favorite presentation. And for those that consider others
that follow Blavatsky as also carrying on the work of the
Masters and their representatives, they would put describe
things in more positive terms.

As to THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL, it's freedom of belief is, and
>has been made, perfectly clear. There are no heretics of
>blasphemers in the regard of T.I., but certainly adding
>"comparative theosophy" to the second object isn't the worst
?Idea I've heard all week!

It sounds like a good idea to me too. Especially as over
the generations the various variants of the original
Theosophy get wider apart in what they teach! <frown>

-- Eldon