Re: not wrong

Apr 28, 1996 05:47 AM
by Drpsionic

Alex,
We disagree on the nature of an adept and clearly about Socrates.  The man
was a bore.
What saved his reputation was that his pupils were better than he was.
Ghandi was less adept than lucky.  Any people of the time other than the
British would have made quick work of him.  I remember being dragged to see
that terrible movie by my girlfriend at the time and muttering to myself
through the whole thing "Why is this man alive?"
I'm afraid that do-gooders do not impress me.  I prefer do-badders.  They're
more fun, especially for a historian.

Chuck the Barbarian, MTI, FTSA, MG of 5
Heretic
Tourblemaker

"Learn the rules, then break the rules." The Megalith of Dr. Mirabilis