Re: Hypnotism/long reply

Jan 01, 1996 12:59 PM
by bbrown

>Doss:
>> There should be some way to protect yourself from your mother or anybody
>>else who can sap your energy. I recall that an individual can build a shell
>>which protects in such cases. Such draw of energy is one kind of vampirism.
>
>Vampirism is exactly what one psychic called it. I'd like to hear more from
>anyone about building a shell. I sure could use one considering that I'm so
>sensitive to energies.
>
>Ann E. Bermingham

How coincidental. I just opened the GdeP book I am reading and lo and behold
just the right info so please excuse the length but I thought it was very
appropriate and interesting.
the Esoteric Tradition Page 652.

"the thoughts that we think in one incarnation affect us powerfully because
of karmic reaction in the next incarnation and indeed in all succeeding
reimbodiments. It is by and through thoughts speaking generally that we
grow unfold which means evolve. We think thoughts and we are affected
impressed by them strongly or weakly as the case may be. they stamp
themselves indelibly upon the fabric of our being of our consciousness. We
are like a wonderful magical picture-gallery in all parts of our
constitution visible and invisible. Our entire constitutional being both
as a whole and its parts is like an immensely sensitive photographic film
constantly renewed and constantly receiving and retaining impressions - in
one sense like a palimpsest writing-material manuscript receiving
imprint upon imprint each imprint remaining indelibly and yet being
magically modified although overlaid by all succeeding imprints. Everything
that passes in front of the 'film' is instantly stamped upon it
psycho-photographed; and the 'film is we. Each one of us is such a
psycho-photographic 'film'; and it is thus that our characters are builded
framed shaped and therefore of course affected by the thoughts that we
think by the emotions that we experience by the passions that guide or
misguide us and even by the actions that all these produce. It is of utmost
importance therefore so to regulate especially our lower
thinking-apparatus the inferior manasic faculty that the thoughts which we
allow to travel through our monds leave behind them impressions of an
elevating and permanent helpful kind.
Thoughts are energies imbodied energies elemental energies. They do not
originate in a man's mind. These elemental entities pass through the
sensitive transmitting-apparatus which our mind is and each one of us
colours the thoughts as they pass through our minds thus giving a new
direction a new karmic impulse to them. No thought was ever created in a
human brain. the inspirations of genius the loftiest productions of the
human spirit simply come to us through lofty and great minds capacious
channels which could transmit so sublime a flow.
A man can become degenerate by constantly thinking low and degenerate
thoughts; and contrariwise a man can raise himself to the gods by
exercising his spiritual will and by coincidently opening his nature to
receive impressions of only those inspiring lofty and sublime thoughts
which leave impressions upon the fabric os our being of a kind which
automatically themselves become active as an unceasing flow of inspiration;
and he can bar the way to thoughts of the other kind so that they do not
impress themselves upon him in any permanent manner.
On the cosmic scale the mystical picture-gallery of eternity is the Astral
Light; and there is a part of our constitution - in fact 99% of the totality
of our constitution - which in modern Esoteric Theosophy is called the Auric
Egg - which like every other portion of the human constitution is a perfct
picture-gallery and of an amazing kind. To change the figure of speech: it
is not only a receiving-station but a sending-station for inner
'radio-signals' for 'radio-messages' of every kind.Everything that happens
around us therefore is indelibly stamped upon the Auric Egg if we allow
our consciousness to cognise and to receive the happenings. But by our will
and inner magical processes that each one of us instinctively albeit
mayhaps unconsciously follows we can strenghten the akasic barrier which
automatically keeps out evil thoughts so that they make no lasting
impression upon us; that is they find no harbor or lodgement in our being;
amd consequently their effect on the Reincarnating Ego is virtually nil. But
if we allow them to affect us the impression made reamins for eternity. It
is indelibly stamped on the fabric of our consciousness and thereafter we
have to work so to smooth over or modify or to spiritualize the
impressions that when the automatic reproduction comes forth in the next
rebirth it will do so no longer as a reproduced cause for evil-doing and in
consequence will have little causal power in the new incarnation."
Please excuse any typos but I am not a typist by nature.

Bee Brown
Member Theosophy International