Re: Akashic Records and EC

Dec 29, 1996 06:56 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> OK then. If the "record" is within the individual person
> let's consider this in light of Theosophy. The personality is
> mortal the *result* but not the *continuation* of past
> personalities. Only the higher triad survives death.
> Therefore if what Edgar is reading is within the person and
> the ex-personalities are *not* within the person all he can
> read is the *results* of the ex-personalities; i.e. the
> skandhas. And of course the lasting individuality. What this
> suggests to me is that Edgar was quite capable of giving a
> correct reading of a person's spiritual identity his/her
> karmic inheritance from past personalities and his/her
> physical condition. But by virtue of *what* he is reading he
> *cannot* access detailed historical information about those
> past personalities because it isn't *there.* So when his
> reading goes into a blank spot the blank gets filled in by
> some regurgitated Bible or some fantasy Atlantis derived from
> Donnelly etc. The blank becomes a hole through which material
> of less reliability and value pours in. The unconscious for
> some reason seems incapable of just saying "I don't know" and
> will come up with *some* answer no matter what.
>
> How's that?

Pretty good. Warning: I am about to go into "guru" mode. [Seems
only fair - delete key is probably a grey one to your right]

Without repeating your source time does not exist in the
"higher worlds". "Past" personalities may be anything as
*memory* belonging to this world. So yes the unconscious will
fill in the blanks - but can only do so at what is often called
the "astral" level ie. it "images" or "imagines" something to
fill the gap from the individual's own recall mechanism - can be
anything from a book a conversation a dream - anything at all.

But - ponder on this - if time is an illusion then *so are the
skhandhas.* What then would the doctrine of reincarnation be?
Paul the apostle would call it I suspect milk for babes.

Of the seven "heavens" we have in this life complete access to
three and part access to the fourth counting up from the
lowest. Cf. cap 01 of ~The Cloud of Unknowing~. the other
three may relate to the "higher triad" mentioned above in
your post.

A quality psychic such as Cayce seems to have been will be
able to tap the second and lower third levels with no
difficulty and the upper third when things are working well.
Occasionally [rare] the shift will take place from upper third
to lower fourth and all images disappear making "readings"
as usually understood impossible. Here be gaps. I suspect that
Cayce slipped in and out of these gaps from time to time and
got answers from "within" rather than "without."

Yes [see line 01 at start of your post] the "record" is within
the individual person *but* - a big one - it is linked in
eternity or timelessness with *all other records* in *all other
people* both "past" and "present" and even "future".

Pauses to mend fuse in blown mind

If we discover how we can remember anything that has ever
happened in human "time" regardless of who it happened to - even
down to detailed information like names and addresses.
Sometimes we check it out and the history says we are wrong and
later it is discovered that the history was wrong.

When for example Jesus is reported as saying "Inasmuch as you
do it to one of these little ones you do it to me" he was
stating a psycho-spiritual *fact* - it is not a metaphor.

Consider if you like the following two re-writes as relevant:

"In the beginning Gods create the heavens and the earth"
Gen.1.1

"In the beginning is the word and the word is god [theos]"
John 1.1.

The beginning is a place a state a condition not a time
frame.

AB
--
Member Theosophy International.