Re: Akashic Records and EC

Dec 29, 1996 04:23 PM
by bbrown

>Thanks to ann for the Raymond Moody reference and to Jerry S.
>for reflections on reading the Akashic records. Hope I'm not
>leaving anyone out who responded to my last Cayce post. It
>turns out the readings themselves point to a plausible
>explanation of what went on in the past life readings. Volume
>8 Psychic Development contains much interesting material
>explaining Cayce himself and 08 pages on the Great White
>Brotherhood! Its center is alleged to be Virginia Beach :
>Anyhow here's what he says about reading the Akashic records
>for a particular person:
>
> What records? Whose record is being interpreted or being
>attempted to be interpreted that ye may comprehend that being
>sought?
> The records are upon time and space but these--ye say-- are
>concepts of man. There is no time there is no space; they are
>concepts. Then-- where?
> In individual consciousness. The individual consciousness
>arises from that faculty or that something called mind. Thus
>those of old have said it in these words: "My spirit beareth
>witness with thy spirit saith the Lord of hosts."
> Then the record is thine. How then-- ye ask-- may this
>individual ye call Edgar Cayce interpret same?...Whence cometh
>such a knowledge to one individual as to interpret the records
>of another through varied spheres of activity and experience?
> Only as a gift of Him who has given "If ye keep my ways I
>will love thee will abide with thee and bring to thy
>remembrance *all* things from the foundation of the world."
> Then while the source may be entirely capable of bringing a
>full or complete knowledge the answers must ever be according
>to the law just given-- within thine own self.
>OK then. If the "record" is within the individual person
>let's consider this in light of Theosophy. The personality is
>mortal the *result* but not the *continuation* of past
>personalities. Only the higher triad survives death.
>Therefore if what Edgar is reading is within the person and
>the ex-personalities are *not* within the person all he can
>read is the *results* of the ex-personalities; i.e. the
>skandhas. And of course the lasting individuality. What this
>suggests to me is that Edgar was quite capable of giving a
>correct reading of a person's spiritual identity his/her
>karmic inheritance from past personalities and his/her
>physical condition. But by virtue of *what* he is reading he
>*cannot* access detailed historical information about those
>past personalities because it isn't *there.* So when his
>reading goes into a blank spot the blank gets filled in by
>some regurgitated Bible or some fantasy Atlantis derived from
>Donnelly etc. The blank becomes a hole through which material
>of less reliability and value pours in. The unconscious for
>some reason seems incapable of just saying "I don't know" and
>will come up with *some* answer no matter what.
>
>How's that?

There wouldn't be a problem if we subscribe to the non-linear theory of
being. It is only in this 3dimension that time exists in a linear fashion.
So we could assume that seeing into the unseen realms we would not
encounter time or space. There have been many ideas written about the
concept of the soul living all its lives at the same time from its point of
view. Like a central point that sends down all these rays with a body on the
other end all existing at once. From a soul's vantage point all actions
could be seen whether they are in the past or in the future. I believe that
we get things spiritual a bit mixed up because of the time and space frame
we live with. Our consciousness has trouble with the idea on non-linear
events and so it thinks that past lives must have been lived some time in
the past and have to leave a trace if someone is to read them in the future.
If Edgar transcended into the higher realms of soul-life perhaps he could
see the past and future as actually happening at that point in time???? or
however we would refer to time in those other dimensions. Our consciousness
as experienced here in physical life is still a bit primitive compared with
our soul-life without the physical to weigh it down. Can we really
understand how it is for the soul from our human consciousness? We can only
really go on what adepts and mystics have tried to tell us until we can
experience it for ourselves. Living in the moment is about as non-linear as
we can get down here.
Just another thought.

Bee Brown
Member Theosophy International