Re: Anonymity & other issues

Dec 24, 1996 06:55 AM
by liesel

This is from Liesel
I still can't get into my "New Message" capacity. Guess not till Dreamscape
opens up again on morning. From time to time I'm still reading
"Talks on The Path of Occultism" & this AM I came across something which
perhaps applies to us just now. It's several paragraphs but I thought it
worth being put onto
Theos-l.

p.343 ff.
"The great object of the TS is not so much to provide the mental
development as to raise those who are ready into responsiveness to buddhic
influences to rewaken the sensitiveness of its people on a higher turn of
the spiral and prepare them for the new race. It does not deprecate mental
development - far from it - but it prepares for the next stage when
intuitional love will produce harmony and brotherhood & will employ the
developed intellect to build a new civilization based on those ideals. Our
Society being in close sympathy with the higher planes is very sensitive
to the forces liberated when another "Son of Man" comes to birth. It
receives the first touch of the great outrush and this gives it new
impetus; its work increases and spreads and there is an advance in members
and in brotherly feelings.

"Sometimes however this stimulation of life produces friction due to a
loss of the sense of proportion. Some great idea arises in the mind of some
member; the inrush of force intensifies it & that is very good if he is a
well-balanced man and can pursue his own ideas without deprecating those of
other people. But where there is unbalance & narrowness differences of
opinion may be made stronger. We have our special lines of work in
Theosophy. Some take up 01 form of activity & some another but danger arises
when a man begins to think that his line is the one which the whole Society
ought to take up & emphasize. When other people try to follow out their
ideas he tends to think that they are not doing the best for the Society
because they do not come & help him. It is not unnatural that enthusiasm
should sometimes cause friction in such cases when brotherly love & real
tolerance fall a little behind.....

"It is nearly always wise to let people try their ideas but always sad when
they urge them too strongly upon others. Experience tells us ever more and
more THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE SOCIETY IS HARMONY AMONG THE
WORKERS. INDEED IT MAY BE SAID THAT HARMONY AMONG THE WORKERS IS MORE
IMPORTANT THAN SUCCESS IN ANY ONE PIECE OF WORK. So let each man follow the
best inspiration that comes to him but let him have the fullest sympathy
for others also in their individual ideas. If without peril to the spirit of
harmony which makes the Society a perfect channel for higher forces an open
door to the Great ones we can engage in vigorous activity it is well
indeed but not otherwise."
CWL

Liesel
Member Theosophy International