Re: He/She/It

Dec 13, 1996 00:11 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Jerry S.:
>> The current
>movement toward "equality" is one in which women are trying
>to be more like men. This has already resulted in sever
>psychological damage to many women and some men.

So true. My husband was the oldest of six children and had to take on the
housework and child care when his mother went to work as an accountant. His
father an auto mechanic couldn't make enough to feed and clothe the crew. He
grew up with the idea that a man could wash floors vacuum and such. Even
today he washes dishes and I always remark on how desirable he looks when he is
at the sink elbow deep in suds. It's an awful thing to make a man a sex
object don't you think?

- ann