Re: Serious Nit Picking

Dec 13, 1996 00:07 AM
by bbrown

>Eldon
>
>Re the Masters not giving out many esoteric secrets.
>I think this is because many people are not as yet ethically advanced
>enough to be able to work with those esoteric secrets without hurting
>someone. Just think of the faculty of being able to read another
>person's thoughts which is said to not be terribly difficult to do.
>If you can read someone's thoughts you'll know all their weaknesses
>and if you're not completely ethical loving & harmless
>you might go right for the jugular
>if you get angry enough at them. It makes good sense to me that some
>esoteric things are only given out to those who are ready. The others
>don't need to settle for crumbs really but they need to learn what
>there is to learn which includes hoiw to practice Ahimsa.
>
>Liesel
>Member Theosophy International
>Member Human Race

Yes the promotion of positive thinking and thought projection is taught to
sales persons and they use it to increase their sales. They are using what
amounts to unseen forces to the detriment of the potential customer. The
sales persons are required to attend meetings where they are subjected to
all sorts of psychological mind twisting to whip up their enthusiasm for the
products they sell. I look upon that as misuse of esoteric teachings. The
control of the thought processes are recommended in many of the teachings as
a necessary step and have been picked up and used in different ways against
people. The human race can't be kept in the dark for ever so hopefully ethic
will prevail one day and these faculties will be used properly.>
Bee Brown
Member Theosophy International