Re: Telepathy and Esoteric E-Mail

Nov 07, 1995 09:32 PM
by bbrown

>Paul:
>< As to what was REALLY going on
><how genuine the telepathy was whether they were sending what
><she was receiving-- one has eventually to say "How the hell do
><I know?" Which I wish more Theosophists were willing to admit
><about murky issues like these.
><
>As I have already pointed out even a high Adept/Master would
>have trouble knowing for sure that every word was right. The
>problem with telepathic communication is that it is not done
>in words. It is done in images which the receiver must then
>interpret in his/her own words. How does one know for sure that
>they interpreted correctly? Only by going back to the sender
>for confirmation and that is the *only* way to know for sure.
>HPB admitted that she was an Initate not an Adept. But I would
>think that if her Masters discovered she had gotten some teaching
>entirely wrong that they would have told her this when they
>eventually met. The Masters probably wouldn't quibble over the
>exact wording anyway.
>
> Jerry S.
As I understand it she saw whole pages of the books in her mind or what
ever it may be called. She wrote the words down as she saw them. The masters
also used to correct her writing over night with a blue pen. There may not
have been as much interpretation as suggested here. As I have read it that
is how she managed to quote so much of the ancient wisdom that is not in
common use. I wonder if she was able to access the Akashic Records and read
from them much of what she wrote about.
Bee