Re: More Forgiving the Body

Nov 03, 1995 02:53 AM
by Liesel F. Deutsch

>From: Keith Price <74024.3352@compuserve.com>
>Subject: More Forgiving the Body

Keith
Thanks Eldon and Jerry for your comments on the nature of the body mind and
spirit as it encounters karma.

I keep thinking about the word "automatic". Perhaps the bodies ability to heal
itself is that it responds to karma and "automatically" repairs without our
thinking. Its center of consciousness may be elsewhere as Eldon suggests. The
body is connected to some intelligent source as many healers would suggest.

Liesel
I'm not so sure that the body heals because it's connected to some
intelligent source I think it has its own healing power within it.
Sometimes all you have to give is a little nudge & it heals. That
isn't quite the whole picture because everything is connected to
everything else & the body may heal because of its relationships
with other entities but I do think it has a capability of healing
withint itself.

Keith
to be above the desire nature - to shed the body and lower
vehicles.- and another tradition is that of the bodhisattva and nirmankaya that
takes on a special body to aid all sentient beings.

I believe that you shed your body when you die. At other times I
think the same body just changes.

Keith
I think also of the supposed angelic kingdom as being really subhuman according
to some in that they cannot choose to be anything but good. The are not
individual but a collective lower expression of the will of God according to my
reading of Hodgson and others.

Liesel
I never got the impression from the literature that angels were
necessarily subhuman... just different.

Glad you're feeling better Keith.
Liesel

.