Re: Channelling

Oct 30, 1995 03:55 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Patrick:

>The rendering of the personality and body into a negative unconscious
>state for an entity to possess or use it is *always* wrong. There are no
>exceptions. There are many deceivers and manipulators on the astral plane ...

Here's a point where we can find agreement. But there are at least
two exceptions to this that we need to consider.

Was Cayce unconscious while giving his readings? If so, does that
make the readings wrong, when many proved helpful to the people
they were done for?

When Bee mentions channelling and says that she is aware of what
is going on (e.g. she is not in an unconscious state), is her
experience wrong? If she's aware of what is happenning, it is
not a case of possession, but more like another form of interaction
with non-physical beings.

>The Masters may use the personality of a chela but this occurs
>in full waking consciousness and the chela is completely aware ...

This is what Blavatsky was said to do at times with her Teachers.
I recall something that Col. Olcott wrote about watching HPB
in New York when he could tell when KH or M was using her. Is
the ability to do this highly exceptional, or is it something
more common but just not talked about?

-- Eldon