Re: Cayce

Oct 22, 1995 11:53 PM
by Aprioripa

Hello,

 In answer to your questions the references in HPB's writings to the
difference between unconscious mediums and the fully conscious noetic
individual would be helpful. Much of Cayce's information may be valid but
the process of unconscious channelling is not considered a healthy approach.

Some quotes from other posts:

Higher Inspiration & Channelling:

"According to the research I have done a "channelled" writting can actually
be
from many different types of sources -- some good but some intent on
deception. The criteria to determine this seems to be whether or not the
so-called channeller is conscious or unconscious. If the person is conscious
(awake with eyes open) then it generally would be good. If the channeller is
unconscious (eyes-closed) with some entity using the body then definitely not
good (despite apparent good information). I believe that truth itself is its
own authority (in the Gospels and in the Bhagavad Gita there is enough for
many lives) and any spiritual truth can be demonstrated as such through
practical living by each of us."

 " In each of us there is a higher spiritual self (the Christ
consciousness, Divine Angel, etc.) and, accordingly, our spiritual evolution
is to come closer and eventually be one with that higher self in full
consciousness. The unconscious rendering of our bodies for the use of other
entities separates us from this spiritual evolution -- this is the reason
that so-called possession is a bad thing. "

 "Any true spiritual being, living on spiritual planes, communicates with
us through our spiritual self in full consciousness. The use of someone's
unconscious body by another entity is always being done on some lower level
and thus (although those involved may believe that they are doing the right
thing) there is no access by the person to spiritual information. Also,
unconscious body possession sets up a very unhealthy chemical vibration in
the brain cells which usually leads to some form of debility. "

 "Higher psychism is the faculties of the higher self (Soul and the
Monad), and lower psychism is the faculties of the personality (physical,
emotional and mental senses). These lower faculties can be used for good or
bad. When one is pure, of good character and pursuing a path of meditation
and service then the higher faculties become available and control the lower
one's for use in good. Dangers arise when the lower (which most animals have
to some degree) are focussed on without the requisite purity and good values
-- and with the right purity and values all faculties unfold naturally if and
as needed for the good work. Being psychic or not in the lower sense says
nothing about a person's spirituality and advanced souls may or may not use
these faculties during an incarnation."

 "I believe that this issue has arisen today because of the increased
etheric resonance of humanity and the recapitulatory prevalence of etheric
vision. This in and of itself can be used for good or bad but certainly we
can hope that good will come and work for this."

Peace,
Patrick