Re: Reply to Algeo's article in AT

Oct 02, 1995 02:15 AM
by Aprioripa

Hello Don,

 I was very glad to read your letter on this topic of science and
theosophy. As a mathematical scientist and theosophist I agree totally with
your excellent critique.

>Any idea that cannot withstand
>experimental tests againsts Nature are destined to be banished from science.

 This being so, as I agree, science will eventually discover the truth of
theosophy. Inded, the general evolutionary tendency of humanity is of this
type of search for truth. True theosophy embraces science in general as a
means of discovering truth.

Your last paragraph is inspiring:
See, no matter how you criticize science, it will continue on. Science is a
tradition that is self-correcting. If it is mistaken in its outlook, it will
inevitably correct itself because this is built into the very fabric of
science
as a tradition. Science never accepts anything on blind faith - it always
finds
a means to test what it posits, which incidently is the art of science -
being
creative enough to find a means to test the ideas you are considering.
Theosophy could stand to imitate this approach and in doing so, lead to a
deeper
science that was, in fact, envisioned by the founders of the Society.

Cheers,
Patrick