Re: A. Bailey & World Government

Sep 13, 1995 00:29 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to Aprioripa@aol.com:

> Eldon:
> This [world government by the Masters] might be an example of where the
> Bailey materials diverges from the source writings, and I would tend to
> disagree with the idea.
>
> Patrick:
> I read both and have not found such divergence on any topic. As the Bailey
> writings are also source I suggest a careful perusal before concluding that
> there is such.
>
> Eldon:
> Assuming that there are such differences,
>
> Patrick:
> Happily, there are only agreements.
>
> Eldon:
> can we acknowledge and explore them without having to denounce anyone
> nor go to extreme lengths to try to show that Blavatsky somehow supported
> the idea?
>
> Patrick:
> Impersonal discussions are best and both HPB and AAB supported the same
> principles and rules of the path.

But Eldon is right that there are indeed differences, not "only
agreements." There is a formalized bureaucracy in AAB's occult
schemes, with the Manu, Mahachohan, Maitreya, etc. having roles
that define their place in the hierarchy of the world. HPB has
no such bureaucracy in her view of the cosmos, no carriers of
titles, only individual adepts striving to uplift humanity and
working with others as they can.