Re: Eldon on Politics in the AT

Sep 07, 1995 11:59 PM
by Geraldjs

> Rich:<But I strenuously disagree that Theosophy is a
>hodge-podge of this and that, and I hold to the lines laid
>down by the Masters and the original teachings.>

Paul:<What if the lines laid down by the Masters and the original
teachings were "a hodge-podge of this and that?" Does that
ennoble hodge-podges or lower the dignity of the Masters and
their teachings?>

Theosophy teaches material that can be found, here and there, scattered
throughout the world's religions, all tied together with some new materials.
 How can it help from being "hodge-podge" in that sense? HPB quotes
Montaigne as saying "I have here made only a nosegay of culled flowers, and
have brought nothing of my own but the string that ties them" (SD, Vol I, p.
xivi). A "nosegay of culled flowers" is, in a sense, a hodge-podge.
 However, the "string" that links them is the real key that theosophy offers.

 Jerry S.