Re: Psychism

Sep 06, 1995 10:01 PM
by Bee Brown

>Liesel:
>
>>Jerry S.
>>"Compassion is a sure way to protect yourself on the higher
>>planes." On second thought, I think you're right. While I was
>>reading what you said, I rmembered that Serge taught us not to
>>"protect" something against something else, because it sets up
>>negative vibes. He taught us to send "thought forms" or
>>whatever (he always put a whole ritual around what he taught)
>>of harmony & peace to surround the person with it. I do it with
>>Chou chou every time I go out. But then the question still
>>remains how does JRC keep himself from getting bowled over by
>>someone else's rotten vibes? Maybe what I wrote just before
>>about being subjective & objective in turn while viewing them
>>would do the trick. Maybe best to ask Serge, especially since
>>someone on the scene has told JRC to keep away from that stuff.
>>Liesel
> Couple things ... the question was a bit more than that
>of staying free of someone's vibes. Jerry's post re: the body of
>light that serves as a protection in magical ritual does make
>some sense, as I did make experiments with western ceremonial a
>few years ago. At present, during those hours when I am inward
>and engaged with angels, or even in physical surroundings that
>are less than delightful it rarely occurs to me to "protect"
>myself or anything like that ... (I have some new age friends
>that wrap themselves "in the light" several times a day, but
>this seems to me to be a subtle form of seperatism, of affirming
>duality).
> I suppose I believe (theoretically (-:)) that as the
>human energy system matures as the result of spiritual living
>it not only becomes wiser, but more powerful as well - and tends
>of its own accord to elevate its surroundings rather than being
>dominated by them. It also makes sense to me that one can only
>resonate with something in the environment if there is a place
>within oneself receptive to it ... and to me surrounding myself
>with light seems to be an avoidance of sorts: If someone I'm
>in contact with gets quite angry, and the energies generated by
>the emotional state provokes anger in me, buffering myself with
>shells of light or "techniques" of some sort avoid the (IMO)
>real issue, which is that some layer of my system is still
>capable of that particular vibrational frequency - and the
>negative outer situation serves as a kind of diagnostic, something
>that exposes (one of the thousands of remaining) flaws in my own
>system, and invokes it to the surface layers of awareness where
>it can be operated upon.

Very true. I have come to realise that we create our own reality with our
thoughts and that if, eg, the concept of burglars does not enter into ones
reality, then burglars do not feel a like vibration as they pass by intent
on a crime. I try to cultivate only thoughts that create a caring
environment around myself and hopefully it will become a habit of thought. I
like A Besant's book on Thought Power.