Re: CWL and JHE

Aug 31, 1995 08:06 PM
by Arthur Paul Patterson

I have read the same sort of material in Steiner. I am probably too much of
a rationalist to buy into it. But some words struck me as I read the post.
"Mythopoetic interdimensionality". I could never imagine myself taking
what Steiner and other esoterics say about this sort of stuff "literally".
But just because is isn't literal, it doesn't mean that it is not
meaningful. What is the meaning of those statements- what is being pointed
to? I would never dimiss the formative value of Tolkien's characters or
those in Narnia - likewise I wouldn't want to miss the jems found in the
Saturalians or Maritians.

Art