Let there be Light

Aug 06, 1995 10:54 PM
by Keith Price

There were interesting comments in regard to evolution and the
origin of life on this planet. Jerry S. spoke in great detail
about Chaos theory and advancements that may change the simple
"survival of the fittest" dogma of Darwinism. But I was a little
disappointed in that no one takes seriously the possiblility that
light and life and consciousness and spirit are, if not
identical, then closely related.

Who would have ever believed our consciousnessess, if not our
spirits, are interacting with such complexity throught the
vehicle of electromagnetic radiation that is commputer
communcation, TV, internet et al. We transmit complicated
programs and graphics at the wink of an eye. If we are cracking
the DNA code, why couldn't it be reduced to binary off and on
pulses and sent at the speed of light and encoded on distant
planets and decoded over eons on whatever molecules are present
on a particular planet (globe)?

It is a truism that life as we know it could not exist on earth
without the sun. This has inspired men for centuries to worship
Sun-Gods and even theosophy has its Solar Logos. But this is not
the issue, the issue is that life can be incoded, implicated,
involuted and later decoded, explicated, evolved. Why is it so
hard to believe that - in the beginning was the Word, as the Word
was with God, and the Word was God and He said Let there be LIght
etc (no, this is not an appeal to fundamentalism, trust me :)
)??? The Word is the divine plan or program for the cosmic
computer. Light is the container, processor and transmitter of
this code.

In fact, I just remember a fascinating book by the inventor of
the helicopter who later devoted his life to an attempt to
reconcile science with esoteric type teachings. He gave light an
exalted place, and I am probably trying to paraphrase some of
this ideas, or reframe them in my own way. So we are all
familiar with the vauge and somewhat cornball terms "vibrations
on other planes", but vibrations are just on and off signals or
waves and planes are just types of manifestations - physical,
mental and spiritual. Of course on and off particles are not
waves, but light has the curious property (at least in current
understanding) of being both.

Light in extenstion. Hmmm! Lux Aeterna. Double Hmmmm!

I cannot see why Light could not carry the information for life
itself anywhere in the universe. It may already do just this.

Namaste

Keith Price