Re: ideals and reincarnation

Jul 06, 1995 04:19 PM
by Naftaly Ramramkar

> Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 18:54:57 -0400
> From: FRDHVY@aol.com
> Subject: ideals and reincarnation

> Liesel,

> On 24 June, you refered to a thought expressed by Krishnamurti
related to his belief that ideals may actually be hinderences.
Could you direct me to writings on this subject by Krishnamurti?
I appreciate it very much.  Thanks Love and Light, Fred

> Adam W,

> Your comments on belief in reincarnation mirror my life
experiences.  When we try to convert non-believers, we are taking
a very uncharitable course.  While we might like to "save the
world," our real object should be self-enlightenment first and
foremost, until we are complete.  Our role in the greater picture
should avoid denigration of the belief systems of others through
coercive efforts (not only because that is not our role, but
because we just might be wrong...)

> In the mean time, I find personal comfort in belief in
reincarnation.  While I seem to be doing okay in this life, I
know I have a lot to learn, and could be doing better.Hopefully,
I'll get it all together after a few more opportunities..  .  >
Perhaps our lack of completeness is the cause of the insecurity
we manifest when we attempt to coerce others to our belief
ssystems...

> Love and Light, Fred

GREETINGS FROM VANCOUVER

HERE SOME QUOTES FROM GREAT SUFI
JALLAUDIN RUMI

BEYOND THE IDEAS AND CONCEPTS
THERE IS A FIELD
I'LL MEET YOU THERE
WHEN THE SOUL LIES DOWN IN THAT GRASS
THE WORLD IS TOO FULL TO TALK ABOUT
THE CONCEPTS, LANGUAGE AND EVEN TO PHRASE EACH OTHER
DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE
THEY SAY THERE IS WINDOW THAT OPENS BETWEEN TWO MINDS
BUT IF THERE IS NO WALL
THERE IN NO NEED TO FIT THE WINDOW
NOR THE LATCH

Have fun