more on reincarnation

Jul 06, 1995 03:49 PM
by FRDHVY

Adam,

As I reread your comments of 6-27-95 in response to my question
regarding proof of the impossibility to prove the un-truth of the
concept of reincarnation, I see that you have thought through the
basis of your belief in the un-truth of the concept of
reincarnation, however I find you have not addressed the question
I posed: Is there a logical proof that it is impossible to prove
the concept of reincarnation? Or, in your words, if you so
choose, is there a logical proof that it is impossible to prove a
"causal link" between one life and another?

While I am unaware of the existence of any logical proof of the
truth of the concept of reincarnation, I am equally unaware of
the existence of any logical proof that it is impossible to prove
the truth of reincarnation.

The fact that "I" am incapable of proving any given stataement or
concept is not proof that it is impossible for someone to prove
that statement or concept.  (The proof of this statement is found
in the demonstration of a single statement "I" am incapable of
proving, but which has been proven by someone else.  There are
any number of textbooks of advanced mathematics devoted to my
ignorance - hence, this statement is proven to be true...)

I am not interested in intuitive or subjective arguements, rather
pure logic to address this problem.  Otherwise, our efforts to
"educate" or "enlighten" others remain doomed to failure as
coercive, self serving, and demeaning charades.  We are, after
all, seeking truth.  (An aside- opinions and emotions should not
be denied.  We are all entitled to have opinions and feel
emotions.  It makes little difference in the life of the Universe
as a whole, if I, as an individual, choose to believe or deny the
concept of reincarnation, while it might make a real difference
in how I live my life as an individual.  I would like to decide
what I choose to accept as true based on logic rather than
emotion.  If there is a convincing logical proof about
reincarnation, or a proof that there is no proof, I would find
that helpful as I continue with the reest of my life.  It seems
to me that most of the arguements I have seen on the subject are
emotional or subjective, or both.)

Please enlighten me.

Love and light, Fred