re: Re: The Inner Life

May 30, 1995 02:14 PM
by Lewis Lucas

> > a) I thought the so-called dead persons on most cases will
> > proceed on to higher planes for further enlightenment and has
> > very little communication with man on earth ? It this true and
> > how can one reconcile with the above para..
>
> The person will probably move on to devachan within a period of
> time between months and many years, according to various factors
> which I don't even partially understand.  In some cases, the
> shell is left behind, but for most people this rapidly breaks up
> into its components at that level.  After this time,
> communication "through the veil" becomes very difficult indeed.
>
> > b)How is that when we are at sleep, we can communicate with the
> > oved ones as we do in the physical plane and yet not able to
> > retrace a single venet after that ?
>
> It is possible that Leadbeater experienced a lucid dream state in
> which he believed that he was in contact with deceased persons.
> It's actually a product of the seer's mind, but may appear to be
> a full and meaningful dialogue with those who have gone beyond.
> I have no evidence for this theory.

I have no evidence either, but I do recall an idea which may be
related.  The personality was described as like a cup of water
which had been filled by the Higher/Inner Self.  The cup, no
matter how large and full, was still only a portion of this Self.
Furthermore, that this Self was capable of filling other "cups",
these being the thought forms created by others of us.  Thus a
Master could influence the student through this thought form if
he had formed a clear mental image of the teacher.  If this is
true could those who have lost their physical vehicle still
"talk" to us through these mental forms.

Another interesting aspect of this whole idea was that we could
grow/evolve as a result of the added opportunities such forms
offered, so a person who had touched many peoples lives would
have many for "cups" to work through.

Lewis

P.S.  Thanks Jerry and Lisle for your comments on my previous
post.

llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu