Re: Art and Yoga

Apr 19, 1995 02:28 AM
by Astrea

Keith Price <74024.3352@compuserve.com> writes:

> And again for what it's worth, I have tried several forms of
> kundalini yoga which usually involve intense breathing along with
> movement of the spine and have found them interesting but not
> dangerous except to people who might be karmically predisposed to
> a dangerous awakening.

These do work if done correctly and persistently, and yes they
can definately be dangerous - but educational.  I practiced
Kundalini yoga for sometime and had a number of interesting
experiences.  I stopped for several reasons, including a dream
where the Kundalini herself spoke to me in the form of an
electric snake, and advised (in a round about way) that it would
not be a good idea to take things too quickly.

> I think the point is not only about introversion and
> extroversion, but a seperation of the mind and body.  Since
> Descartes we have been doomed to not only the East vs the West
> but the jocks vs the nerds!

I like it! I think I must be a nerd (INTJ in Myers-Briggs
personality test,)

your favorite

ASTEROID