Re: Dreamers of the Apocalypse

Mar 29, 1995 06:26 AM
by Lewis Lucas

Paul,

In an Ancient Greek History class in my undergraduate work the
professor made the observation that if you thought the world was
going to hell it must be going in a row boat because as far back
as recorded history goes there have been such reports.  He said
in defense of those ancient historians that they were correct so
far as their civilization, as they knew it, often did experience
apocalypitic endings, but humanity and civilization continued.

Have also read of an astrological theory, though I can't recall
where, which sees a cycle in the rise and fall of civilizations
that moves from east to west across the face of the earth, ie.
from China to Persia to Greece to Rome to Europe to U.S..  Do you
know of it?

Lewis

llucas@mercury.gc.peachnet.edu