Re: Dreamers of the Apocalypse

Mar 28, 1995 04:56 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> There is a fellow thesophists ( I will try not to give his
identity away) who seriously believes he a special messanger of
THE end of the world and has seen signs that "the end is near".
I say big surprise, big deal.  Yet recently he had sold many
personal possesions and plans to give the world his message (that
he was chosen for).  Again I now can see his and my ego inflation
that getting to be an old-testemant prophet manque.

>I'm not sure what this has to do with theosophy except that it
seems to be a definite stage of maya on the path (visions of the
devil or marga in the desert etc).  I for one have given up my
status as prophet of the apocalypse, there doesn't seem anything
special in it with the stage already so crowded with these
dreamers.

>The sad part is that many can be lead to follow them instead of
seeing the larger cyles that lie beyond this Kali Yuaga and that
the universe itself will reincarnate (at least seven time for our
solar system we are told).

Any thoughts?

Namaste

Keith Price

Yes, one.  I wonder, rather than think, that this Kali Yuga
[Yuaga spelling unfamiliar to me] may still be on the downward
spiral, ie., getting "worse" rather than turning upwards towards
a "New Age," or Aeon, or Era.  In short the excremental material
is right on fan ...

Alan.