Alice Bailey, etc.

Mar 28, 1995 05:15 PM
by Mark Barville

Hello,

I recently read "A Compilation", by Alice Bailey.  I was
discussing this with a friend last week and she proceeded to tell
me the following information, material that certainly did not
reflect the beautiful writing that I had just read, and it reeked
of propoganda.  I have been racing through the internet trying to
find out where she got her information, whether it was true, and
how it related to Alice Bailey's books.  I have found nothin yet.

Here are some of the tidbits she gave me:

*Lucis Publishing used to be Lucifer Publishing because it's
origins were in Satan worship.

*Alice Bailey, and her writings, came out of theosophy.

*The founders of theosophy practiced pedophilia.

*Theosophy is concerned with "racial cleansing", that the "5th
race" is the purified white race.

Now this sounds like intense propoganda to me.  I would like to
ask if anyone on this list has ever heard this stuff before, if
any of it is true (and to what extent), what sources I can go to
for a more complete understanding of Alice Bailey, her books,
Lucis Publishing, and what Theosophy has to do with it all (if
anything).  I really feel a need for honest facts in this regard
(what is known, acknowledged, verified history).  Are there any
writings in Theosophy that make any kind of distinctions among
the races of mankind, much less promote racism? What is the truth
about these things? Is this known propoganda put out by some
fundamentalist religious group or something (based on
misinformation or misguided understandings)?

I would deeply appreciate a response (please only reply to the
whole list if it will definitely benefit everyone), even if it is
just to list a couple of books or dependable resources!

Thank you very much!

Mark Barville
ocean@earthlink.net