Kabbalah

Mar 13, 1995 07:40 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Alan <I have no interest in debating various alternative
systems using the same or similar language [eg., Qabalah].
I did all of that years ago, and leave it to the student to
do the same on his or her own behalf, if debate is wanted.
What I offer is Kabbalah _as I have received it_.  Don't
believe a word I tell you.  Check it out.>

I apologise if I sounded like I was trying to debate you.
That was not my intent.  I agree with your reasoning, and I
too studied these things years ago, and don't care to debate
them.  But you have hinted that there are differences in
your view and those of the GD and OTO with which I am
already somewhat familiar.  So, it is only natural
curiousity on my part to try and see what some of those
differences are (and I am not throwing stones at either
side).  In Part 1, I saw only the two areas that I have
already mentioned.  I am already well aware that Kabbalists
do not agree with many of the interpretations given by the
Qabalists, but am not versed on the specifics.  I really
wondered if you had any direct quotes for your
interpretation of Klippoth and Abyss, which the magical
schools may have missed, or whether you were using your
experience, or the experience of others, and so on.  I have
absolutely no axe to grind on this subject (I am not a
memeber of the OTO or GD or any other group other than the
TS) and am fully aware of the subjective nature of one's
experiences in the "inner planes" having had my share of
them.  The Tree is a universe model in the same vein as
HPB's Gupta Vidya Model, which she obviously held in esteem
(as I do).  So is the Enochian Model.  These models help us
to structure our experiences, and like maps in a foreign
land, one could easily get lost without them.

I want to thank you for sharing your research, and your
experience, with us on the net.  I think a lot would be lost
if we kept this discussion (not arguement) on a one-on-one
between you and each of us separately and would much prefer
to keep it in public so others can share the info.  I, for
one, promise not to throw any stones (I live in a glass
house, after all).  Any questions that I may have are purely
from my own academic interest, and you are under no
obligation to answer them if you don't want to.

             Jerry S.

ps. While were on the subject, here is another point of
interest:

Alan <The Kabbalah which originates in Israelite `Creation'
theory thus regards the lowest world as the absolute bottom
- there is nothing beneath it...>

This is interesting, and shows a point of difference between
Kabbalah and theosophy.  I am aware of several others, but
never thought of this one.