OUT IN LEFT FIELD

Mar 12, 1995 07:05 PM
by Keith Price

Hi Liesel! Your postings concerning the possible censorship in
cyberspace are interesting.  I am not a historian or scholar or
librarian so I am just keeping an open mind about the ML etc.
and not commenting.

But in the midst of all this I would like to add briefly that the
fundametalist Christian inner circle know the name of Blavatsky
very well.  I listen to Marlon Mattox, kind of the Rush Limbaugh
of Christian radio.  I listen because it energizes my shadow, but
it also let's me see what the other side is doing.

I hope everyone is aware that if the religious right had their
way, anything remotely theosophical and Blavatsky in particular
would be locked up and not to protect it either.

The commentators on the radio are fond of saying that all our
problems in the schools somehow started with Blavatsky and her
influence (usually unseen or acknowledged) on the likes of John
Dewey and have spread everywhere even to the NEA.

Their interpretation is sometimes very sophisticated (IMHO).  You
would be surprised that they "get it", but don't like it because
it takes their authority and control away.

And from really left field - has anyone considered that the
Hierarchy is somehow like the food chain, but in a very special
sense.  I mean the little things get eaten by the big things and
thus they serve that purpose.  And by analogy our higher
principles are somehow fed on, perhaps transmuted or transformed
would be a better term, for use by them in their unseen purpose.
In other words they need us as much as we need them.  The idea of
communion or eatting a "god" is a common idea and doesn't raise
and eyebrow from Borneo to the Vatican.  Is this communion
somehow mutual? This sounds almost like the vampirism of the
shells in the seance room, but with all this energy flowing
around that is not evil, but just the diminution of good a la
letter #10 one wonders where the energy goes? What seems to be
occult is not the people.  or the process exactly but the
purpose.

The view from the left is pretty dark right now!

Namaste

Keith Price