The name of God...

Mar 04, 1995 10:29 AM
by IXCHEL

To Alan,

A few years back I took a Kabalah class. The teacher
was Israeli and explained that the YHWH was rarely
spoken, and the _yod, k, vav, k_  was purposely miss-
spelled so as to protect it's powers in pronunciation
from those with unacceptable intentions. He explained
that the names of "God" were many. Each one relating
to a different type of connection as it relates to
a different level of consciousness. He explained that
Hebrew is a Holy language and that each letter is the
connecting vibration to an energy intelligence and is
not considered to be just a symbol. The Yod is the
10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and therefore re-
presents the combination of all the 10 Sephiroth or
energy centers. Here is where you get your meaning
stated in a previuos post: "That which is", all of it.
When I asked him the meaning of Yah in Hebrew he said
it meant HE.

This was the meaning given to me years prior by a
private mentor who explained to me the meaning of the
name Yehoshua. He spoke of a group of people called
the Real Name Society in California. Many know of this
name outside the society as well. This name is defined
in the Webster's New World Dictionary of the American
Language. This is the College Edition and mine is a
1960 edition. Later editions do not have detailed in-
formation. In my edition the word Yah is related to
the name Yehoshua.

You will find the definition I am referring to by look-
ing up the word Jesus. The name Jesus, Jehovah, Yahweh
and Yehoshua all point to the same source and are cor-
ruptions of this source; the Tetragrammaton. As I stat-
ed, the pronunciation of this word is highly guarded.
This protective intent was sometimes purposefully mis-
leading and has brought about the confusion over this
name; at least in English. And so they are in essence
the same in meaning, yet only one of the many names of
"God."

An interesting change in pronunciation occurred with
the use of the letter J to replace the softer sounding
Y used in the Hebrew language. I believe this relates
to the Yod. Changes have occurred so much over time
that most individuals are unaware of the fact that
"Jesus" is a title, not a name. Many are also unaware
that so much of what is found in the New Testament is
none other than the deeper teachings of the Kabalah.
For instance: Kabalah teaches, among other things,
that humanity was born with the desire to RECEIVE.
This desire must be transformed into the desire to
receive in order to SHARE. The way to do this is to
Love your fellow man. "Jesus" stated the same in his
teachings by announcing that we should "Love thy
neighbor as thyself." Being a (J)ew, I think it was
possible that he was familiar with the Kabalistic
teachings, even though he was under the age of 40.
Of course, these are my humble opinions. And for the
record I am not a Christian and not even a card car-
rying Theosophist. I'm not a Buddhist, although Buddha
taught the same compassionate message.

Perhaps I've strayed from the main point, forgive me.

Sarah