Re: I'd love a reply too. (Re info. on the 3 Objects)

Dec 15, 1994 04:12 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

Dear Murray--

I was hoping that someone with a better citation would provide
it.  But I do recall that the Theosophical Forum, published in
Covina, CA, had an article in the late 1940s entitled "Our
objectives" tracing them historically.  I think there was
originally just one-- to collect and diffuse a knowledge of the
laws governing the universe-- but don't recall the details of the
evolution.  I remember that de Zirkoff points to an April 1878
article about Sikhs as being the first time HPB used the phrase
"brotherhood of humanity."

Maybe someone in Pasadena will read this and provide a better
citation?

Cheers
Paul