to Aki, Lewis, and Frank

Aug 28, 1994 05:43 PM
by IXCHEL

To Aki and Lewis,

Another angle at the "do not resist evil" is that in
modern language one could say: Do not react to pro-
vocation with angry emotion. I believe that the say-
ings in the bible only penetrate the surface of what
was being discussed at the time. Another reference to
this interaction between our behavior and outer in-
justice can be found in the I Ching, Hex. 33, Retreat.
The Image states:
         "Mountain under heaven: the image of RETREAT.
         Thus the superior man keeps the inferior man
            at a distance,
         Not angrily but with reserve.

The mountain rises up under heaven, but owing to its
nature it finally comes to a stop. Heaven on the other
hand retreats upward before it into the distance and
remains out of reach. This symbolizes the behavior of
the superior man toward a climbing inferior; he re-
treats into his own thoughts as the inferior man comes
forward. He does not hate him, for hatred is a form of
subjective involvement by which we are bound to the
hated object. The superior man shows strength (heaven)
in that he brings the inferior man to a standstill
(mountain) by his dignified reserve."

I believe this passage gives just a little more explain-
ation to the profound idea to "not resist evil."

To Frank,

Frank says: <He reasons that since the images he sees-- and
he saw some REALLY way out stuff--have no apparent
relationship to anything that he has ever seen in the past,
then they come from a source other than his phy- sical
plane experiences.  Thus your experiences of this type may
be considered not so much reflections as per- ceptions of
phenomena of other planes etc.......>

In my last post I was mainly seeking theosophical terms for
what I was describing.  However, I see this holograph- ic
"reflection" I speak of, as having life upon a "screen"
regardless of the origin of the picture/image.  Like a
store front window, you can look in and see the objects of
the inner store/world, and you can see re- flected on the
window an image of yourself and the outer environment, all
at the same time.  The Tibetan Book of the Dead describes
monstrous holographic images as "representatives" of past
and karmic thoughts, which we have accumulated over time.
The "Voice" encourages us to not be frighten, but to
acknowledge them as our own creations.  By accepting
responsibility for these "ghosts" we can then turn our
attention toward the Light.  Pretty symbolic if you ask

Thanks for joining in with me and I will look into The
Candle of Vision......................Sarah