Re: Membership decline

Dec 26, 1999 05:27 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Sunday, December 26, 1999 4:57 PM
> From: Bart Lidofsky <bartl@sprynet.com>
> Subject: Re: Membership decline

> Radha Burnier, for example, is highly autocratic in her leadership,
and
> has put into many other leadership positions members of her own
family.
> Bylaws that were designed based on the political leadership of the
TS
> and the spiritual leadership being strictly separated are now being
> interpreted by a political leader who has declared herself the
spiritual
> leader, as well. Therefore, decisions which are supposed to be made
on
> an exoteric basis (such as dissolution of sections) is being made on
> spiritual basis, in a Society which is supposed to be without dogma.
> therefore see Radha's leadership in the E.S. is a symptom of the
> problem, not a cause.

Ahem.  If, as she appears to be, she is virtually the dictator of the
Society,  she has *become* the cause, even if she started out as a
symptom.  This is very common in disease.  Declaring oneself the
spiritual leader of the Society has all the appearance of megalomania,
in which case the self-appointed "saint" should be removed ASAP.
However, there is seems to be no official mechanism for doing
this -.So the Head of Adyar TS has changed the rules to suit the
convenience of herself and her family!

And John Algeo, we are frequently reminded, has changed the rules of
the US Section to *his* advantage, or that of his administration,
which may be the same thing .....

And people want to JOIN this setup?

good grief

Alan