Re: theos-l digest: December 01, 1999-to all

Dec 03, 1999 01:28 AM
by hesse600

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:15:27 -0500 Maureen T Fitzgerald
<Maureen.Fitzgerald@hartfordlife.com> wrote:
you wrote:
>     "Think of theosophy not so much as a body of philosophic or other teaching,
> but as the highest law of conduct, which is the enacted expression of
>     divine love or compassion." -- Katherine Tingley
A problem here is that we study theosophy, we have not yet
become to the full expression of that compassion yet.  THis
disillusionment is a common problem for people new in the
field.
This is no excuse for some of the e-mails here. I was also
unhappy with JRC's e-mail about Kym. I think he must have
had some emotional breakdown or something. Also I was
thinking it might also be a joke (like Kym's e-mail
recently ) But I have developed a thick skin, also because
it is so easy to misunderstand and I know how easy it is to
react emotionally to people putting things in an
unfortunate way.
But if you cannot stand it and do not enjoy at least part
of the mails on this list, yes, then you should probably
leave.
>     to diffuse among mankind a knowledge of the laws inherent in the universe;
>     to promulgate the knowledge of the essential unity of all that is, and to
> demonstrate that this unity is fundamental in nature;
>     to form an active brotherhood among humanity;
>     to study ancient and modern religion, science, and philosophy; and
We did that, when we all read (and I think enjoyed)
Grigor's e-mails on Dzog chen. Also there were valuable
posts here on buddhism and every once in a while Dalas
sends us his understanding of Blavatsky. (or quotes).
But theosophy is a kind of self-help thing (as I read
somewhere recently): If you want a different topic
discussed: discuss it. If you have questions, ask. That is
the only way of changing the list. And no, I do not think
there is a list that does not have these problems. On the
other hand: there are lodges that do not have these
problems, but on the other hand also do not have the
interesting benefits of this list.

Hope this was of help.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden