Re: Randy to Grigor:fightin words/race

Nov 27, 1999 06:56 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 11/22/99 5:01:11 PM Central Standard Time, WLR7D@aol.com
writes:

> Are you suggesting that a reductionistic analysis of genetic material will
>  fully explain the form of organisms?

Who says it is a reductionistic analysis?  I have already said genes and
environment.  But pylla, genus, species, and race in older biology was
defined by genetic criteria (oddly before they knew what genes were).  The
new genetic typing still defines pylla, genus, and species, more precisely,
genetically but has shown race to not be a biological category anymore
than breeds.  You really shouldn't pretentiously hint at being a professional
scientist on a board where there are such.  Your fakery is quickly exposed.

>  What precisely is the prejudice you feel I have?

All sorts.  But now we are addressing your unscientific prejudices about race.
Your appeals to science seem to not be consistent.  That is, you like science
when it fits your prejudices and ignore it when it conflicts with your
racism. A
consistent appeal would to accept the findings of such whether you like them
or not.