Re: Rich Taylor on a very disturbing issue with far reaching implications

Nov 14, 1999 10:48 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 11/12/99 9:40:11 AM Central Standard Time,
blafoun@azstarnet.com writes:

> Why would Blavatsky attribute appropriated material from Schlagintweit's
>  book  to a hidden or occult source?

Maybe she was going on memory.  I once gave a paraphrased summary
of a discussion that I thought was Rene Guenon when it turned out
to have been Sayyid Hosein Nasr.  And from memory, I once saw
Herbert Guenther give what he thought was a nice illuminating
summary of a Mahamudra Shastra.  Someone in the audience pointed
out that he was really quoting a summarized account of Mahamudra
given by Lama Govinda.  He smiled and said the woman in the
audience was correct but it was still a good summary.

Grigor