Re: Dyzan, Dzan, chan and Tarim

Nov 06, 1999 03:50 PM
by ambain

----- Original Message -----
> From: <Hazarapet@aol.com>
> Date: Saturday, November 06, 1999 9:56 PM
> Subject: Dyzan, Dzan, chan and Tarim

> Here we have
> pulled out gnostic texts, Manichaean texts, Nestorian Christian texts,
> Zoroastrian texts, Taoist texts, and Buddhist texts.  The find is
already
> bigger than Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea combined.  Just like we find in
the Nag
> Hammadi tests a situation where pre-Christian gnostic texts are being
> converted into Christian gnostic texts, so we find Manichaean texts
being
> converted into Taoist and Buddhist texts, Buudhist texts being
translated
> into Iranian and Aramaic out of which Chinese and Turkish translations
are
> made

Fascinating.  Are there any English translations available of any of the
Nestorian Christian texts?  Or indeed any works in English on this
research in general (not just the Nestorian textx)?

Any information gratefully received.

Alan

ambain@ambain.screaming.net
http://members.tripod.co.uk/ambain/SaintJust.HTM/