RE: theos-l digest: November 02, 1999

Nov 03, 1999 10:10 PM
by RAMADOSS

Dallas is only one of the many who adore HPB for what she gave to the world
at what personal sacrifice.

Modern Theosophy that we have access to is due to her great sacrifice.=20

One cannot force anyone to adore anyone else. It seems to develop as time
goes on and one sees the monumental contribution a person makes either to
another person or to a cause which benefits humanity.=20

Let me add myself as one of those who carries the motto "Ingratitude is not
one of our vices." even though I may not display the adoration of HPB as
well as others may.

mkr

At 09:31 AM 11/03/1999 -0800, Dallas Wrote:
Nov 3

Dear Kym:

It isn't adoration, rather I would like to think it is a deep
respect based on understanding.  It is also a sense of very deep
gratitude that I feel for HPB.  If you read a good account of her
life and work as for instance the one that Sylvia Cranston wrote
recently (it is now in paperback) you may get an idea of her
worth and work and sacrifice.  From 1875 to 1891 (16 long years)
she worked day and night.  So we owe to her what we know of the
vast roots of our past philosophies and religions and how they
interacted when originally started.  That alone entitles her to
universal respect in my book.

It would be of course quite wrong for me to rub people's noses in
attributing what I write to her.  to some her name is not
pleasant to hear -- for their own reasons.  But I cannot take to
myself that which is lawfully hers to say.

I am quite convinced that Theosophy is a coherent and useful
system and anyone can use it if they are accurate, honest, and
true to what they study.  Unfortunately there are many who have
taken Theosophical ideas and, so to speak, made them their own --
and in the process of spreading them about, they have distorted
them.  I try to avoid that.  If I give "quotations" it is because
I think that everyone has the right to go back to a source and
verify for themselves the importance of what is to be found
there.  No more

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0