Re: theos-l digest: November 02, 1999

Nov 02, 1999 10:46 PM
by kymsmith

Katinka wrote:

>No heresy, and you are not the only one, Dallas just comes
>across as rather more than usually Blavatsky-only-ish. Just
>don't mind that part of him (at least, I have learned to
>just not look at it, it gets to tiresome otherwise. Sorry
>Dallas - these are the facts)

Dallas is used to being accused of being a fundie, I'm sure.  He seems
unmoved, though.  A very stalwart gentleman.  Sometimes, I wish I could
find someone - a writer, philosopher, teacher - who I would be able to love
as much as Dallas loves HPB.  I often wonder what it feels like to respect
someone that much - but, alas, I've never found anyone who, in my mind, is
worthy enough for my adoration.  Wonder what that makes me?  (that's a
rhetorical question, no one need answer it)

Side note:  I just saw the movie, The Matrix, last weekend.  I was stunned
at the Gnostic, Christian, and Eastern symbolism is contained.  I wasn't
particularly interested in seeing it, as I had heard little about the
content, other than the great "special effects."  This movie, though, was
so much more than that.  I don't expect a lengthy discussion on this
subject, but I am curious whether anyone else saw it and what they thought.
 If this movie has been examined before on this list (it came out last
year), then we need not engage in redundancy.  But I wish someone had had
the decency to tell me sooner!  A bit too much violence, but the messages
and questions the movie centered on was an unexpected treat for the mind.

And why is it, currently, that the "good guys" wear black.  It's definitely
sexy, but I wonder why society changed the dress of "heroes" from white to
now black.  I've noticed it in Star Wars, the Matrix, and numerous other
recent films.  Maybe it is just the power that the color black imparts upon
a person - I don't know.

Kym