Re: carnivorism question

Nov 02, 1999 00:58 AM
by hesse600

> Is there a sage out there who can answer this question:
>
> Why is the world based upon carnivorism?  Even in a broader sense all life
> depends for its sustenance on the destruction of other life.  Even
> vegetarians are killers.
Well, perhaps it is not killing but symbiosis that makes
life develop new forms. I know that this is sidestepping
the issue a bit, but our eukariotic cells (that is the
cells of plants, animals and us: with a nucleus and other
organs in the cell) are probably evolved from cells that
ate other cells, but instead of being destroyed, the eaten
cells continued existence and added to the functioning of
the original cell. So perhaps a lion eating a small animal
is just natures way of making sure the lion can live? But I
know that that does not really answer the question, it may
help growing thought, though.

> Why would whoever is responsible for the world create such atrocity when so
> many other options would be available to someone with omnipotence.?
I don't believe in anybody with omnipotence, so the
question is unanswerable for me.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl