Re: Buddhist Tantra and Theosophy

Oct 11, 1999 05:03 PM
by Alan

----- Original Message -----
> From: Frank Reitemeyer <ringding@blinx.de>
> Date: Monday, October 11, 1999 9:33 PM
> Subject: Re: Buddhist Tantra and Theosophy

> The Ancient Wisdom is many ages older than Buddha or Buddhism. There
were in
> England also Christian Lodges - does that mean that Theosophy is not
the
> mother but the child of Christianity? Surely not.
>
> Frank

Of course not.  It also means that the Ancient Wisdom (I call it The
Teaching) is older than Theosophy, and while giving rise to Theosophy,
did not give it birth, and is not its mother.  If Theosophy claims to be
its child, that is a matter for opinion, belief, or better, study and
research.

Alan

Alan@ambain.softnet.co.uk
http://www.soft.net.uk/ambain/