Re: In support of theosophy

Sep 27, 1999 01:29 AM
by hesse600

Alan <Alan@ambain.softnet.co.uk> wrote:

> > HPB.  I honestly believe that I she were with us today,
she would most definitely not be a member, if only for want
of steak and tobacco!
somebody else ? :
> > and sex!

Alan:
..... Oops!  My only excuse is that I'm getting old.  I
have heard though that the original E.S. rules re celibacy
have been relaxed to a kind of equivalent of Victorian
British morality at its worst ....

Katinka:

aye, sex in marriage or a stable relationship is allowed
and homosexual relationships are allowed or not, depending
on which national section you are in!

And then I read in the HPB collected writings that it was
only advised to be celibate, not eat meat and not drink
alcohol...
How has the spirit of the rules disappeared, I wonder?
(retorical question)

Katinka

NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl