RE: theos-l digest: September 16, 1999 REVOCATION -- EXCOMMUNICATION etc.

Sep 17, 1999 03:37 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Sept 17th 1999

Dear Friends:

		Revocation,  Excommunication, etc...

But what have those things to do with THEOSOPHY ?

Are we degraded to the level of the common churches that we fight over
assets and the right interpretation of the teachings?

I imagine that anyone who joins the T S does so because of its ideals
and because of its brotherhood, and because it means the end of any
sectarian fighting or any "authority" as to the interpretation of the
literature.

And now this !

What a blot on the history of a movement that was started by the
Masters !

I read these several posts that narrate the sad story of revocation of
membership, and of branches that fight legally for the right to
dispose of their assets, and I wonder what about BROTHERHOOD and the
original objects of the T S.

This is shameful indeed.

Can you seriously call yourselves Theosophists" if this is the way in
which theosophical principles are applied?

Is this the "way to the Masters ?"

No, I think not.  That is not what theosophy has to teach.  In what
way is our APPLICATION any better than elsewhere?  Are we showing an
example of wisdom in all this?

Who has recently read again HPB's FIVE MESSAGES ?

Dallas
dalval@nwc.net=A0