Re: Sai Baba again

Sep 16, 1999 05:44 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Howard Murphet, a theosophist,  is the one who wrote the biographies of
Olcott and HPB. There is also another book on Sai Baba by another
theosophist and I do not recall his name or the name of the book.

Years ago, a good friend of mine who was then the National Secretary --
Secretary to the Board of Directors of TSA, having read some of the books
on Sai Baba wanted to visit him in person and he did. I believe he stayed
at Sai Baba's ashram for about 2 months and came back impressed. He was a
very long time member of TS and continued to be so.

There is also the reported that D. Rajagopal, business manager of
Krishnamurti, who was announced to be one of the Apostles and an initiate,
sought help from Sai Baba for his health problems. Is it possible that if
Rajagopal was an initiate and sought Sai Baba's help, then Sai Baba himself
is a greater initiate? We may never know.

mkr

At 09:54 AM 09/16/1999 +0200, hesse600 wrote:
>HI all,
I promised (I think) to look up the books I read on Sai
Baba. Here they are:
Howard Murphet "Sai Baba, Man of Miracles"
Samuel H. Sandweiss "Sai Baba. The Holy Man ... and the
Psychiatrist"
and a collection of lectures of Sai Baba:
"Bhagwan Sri Satya Sai Baba, Discourses on the Bhagavad
Gita"

I vaguely remember also reading a book about him by a
woman, but since it is not in my own bookcollection, I must
have borrowed it from the theosophical library in
Amsterdam. There is a whole Sai Baba-literature, by his
devotees.

Katinka

NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl