Re: [theos-l digest: June 25, 1999]

Jun 28, 1999 02:41 PM
by ESTELA LUNA

"

>> Yes, you`re right. I was just unlucky to get in touch with so called =

>> Leadbeaterian theosophists when I got first interested in =

>> theosophy. Leadbeater`s view of the masters was very peculiar. =

>> People believe in him anyway and so did I at first. =

>Yes, I have heard about that. It seems to be (in the Dutch =

>TS-Adyar) a myth still at the back of our minds. I do not =

>know how strong the Leadbeater influance still is =

>elsewhere. I hope it is receding.

>Katinka
>Yes, it seems valid to me. It is one of the =

>pro-Blavatsky-biographies. If you have not been =

>Leadbeater-contaminated it will not get you into that =

>mystifying set of idea's I think.

I really don't know much about Leadbeater, only the controversial feature=
mostly, but I think that not all of his influence over Theosophy and the
theosophical movement has been that noxious. Leadbeater, i believe, had g=
ood
ideas, but the problem is that he got too "far away" in some of them, and=
 also
the controversial features that he taught masturbation to kids (In a time=
 that
was too forbiden to even see women's feet) and the controversial testimon=
ies
that he got mix up with young kids (In a time when pedophilial instints w=
ere
"almost" the rule-remember Lewis Carroll) that i am not sure about them. =
But
let's not get this bigger, because always that Leadbeater is mentioned he=
re,
theosophists go to the fight between each other.
Estrella
P.S. Still believing that a lot of Leadbeater texts "the chakras" for exa=
mple,
are good and have a lot to contribute to Theosophy. even that if somebody=
 is
not doing something well, that somebody it is still part of the absolute,=
 and
still has his part to contribute to the great dance, that is The Eternal
Caravan of Reincarnation (Santana dixit)
:-) HI ALL!!

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1