Re: David Green's Critical History Page on Theosophy

Jun 10, 1999 05:37 AM
by hesse600

David Green
<davidgreen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in all sides of story concerning Robert
Crosbie.  OBTW, it's
> ULT & its associates who've worked quite hard to keep the complete, real
> story of Crosbie's life---well hidden.

> Highly questionable characters?  In many respects Mrs Blavatsky *appears* as
> highly questionable character. Read Godwin's Theosophical Enlightenment,
> Johnson's books, Carlson's No Religion Higher than Truth, Deveney's Paschal
> Randolph etc etc. Blavatsky comes off as unsavory character.  Maybe she's
> not.  Would like to know more of other side.
Would you? Well, it is very easy to find out. Just today I
received through the post (from my personal sponsor in
theosophical studies) the book "H.P.B., In memory of Helena
Petrovna Blavatsky" by some of her pupils as the title page
says. Also, Johnson's books do not read as an all out
negative on HPB's character. And then I have not even
mentioned the biographies which are usually read by the
historically minded within the TS (Adyar) by Silvia
Cranston for instance. I forget the rest, but positive
testimonies are easy to come by. HPB was a strong
character, by all acounts, but could also be very kind and
even humble, despite her knowledge.
JRC is right in saying that it is her knowledge most of us
on this list are interested in.
>> But it's United Lodge of Theosophists in their histories
which relentlessly paint Besant, Olcott, Chakravarti,
Tingley, Hargrove, de Purucker as highly  questionable
characters.  In all I've written about Mr Crosbie I've
never  said anything 1/10 as strong as what these ULTites
have written about these  famous theosophists.  & it
appears Mr Dallas TenBroeck takes every occasion
 he can to question Mrs Tingley's character.  What are
Dallas T.'s motives?   & the ULT's motives for their
character defamation of theosophists?   Question my motives
all you want but why this selective treatment?  Next
 time Mr TenBroeck questions Mrs Tingley's character on
theos-l, why don't  you pen 10,000 word essay on him, his
motives, etc etc etc?>>
Dallas's motives are so clear, who needs question him?

Speaking of Dallas... where are you? We haven't heard from
you for quite some time.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl