Re: ULTese---No Leaders, No Officers, No Rules, No Members, No Organisation

May 09, 1999 09:33 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 5/9/99 10:28:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
davidgreen@hotmail.com writes:

> Mr TenBroeck who apparently is a master of ULTese can also write with
>  straight face that *other* Theosophical Societies indulge in
>  "politics" but not the ULT.  What is the definition of "politics" in
>  ULTese?  I'm inclined to believe that ULTese is used in order to
>  distinguish the United Lodge of Theosophists from other theosophical
>  organizations, in fact, to put the ULT in a special (superior?)
>  position.

Well, since there is no explicitly defined organizational structure, I
suspect the following model applies.  It usually applies to those groups who
do not wish to acknowledge to others, themselves, or both that they have
"politics" AND who seek to conceal lines of responsibility and/or power by
having no paper trail or formal organization.  Thus, the mafia distinguishes
"politics" (individual Italian-Americans privately involved in Democratic
Catholic groups or Knights of Columbus) from "family affairs" (the REAL
politics of a family having the same status as a nation state - a legacy from
Roman, feudal, and Renaissance social organization).