Re: theos-l digest: March 11, 1999

Mar 28, 1999 07:46 PM
by Cybercmh

In a message dated 3/11/99 11:59:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jerry writes:

<< I think it quite
 possible
 that Jesus and HPB could both reincarnate and not be recognized
 or
 accepted by their respective organizations. >>

Interesting comment.  I had a conversation with my mother recently, where she
was arguing that Jesus was conservative (she's a conservative Republican...)
So I pointed out all the ways in which he was decidedly not conservative in
his times, but was in fact radical and challenging, and asked her, what if
Jesus Christ himself showed up right now and knocked on your door, would you
let him in or would you consider him a kook?  She thought a long time, and
answered that she would probably not let him in (not knowing who he was, of
course).  I doubt that I would let him in either - I would be too fearful and
suspicious of his motivations, and probably would assume he belonged to some
cult or other.  Probably also why Jesus was not recognized by many in his own
time.
Christine